The brilliant orange and scarlet flowers in this long-blooming perennial Hummingbird Container Garden are sure to draw hummingbirds from your entire neighborhood. The Penstemon and Agastache are the upright growers while the Zauschneria drapes over the edges of the container as a "spiller." Grow this container in full sun and plant it in a large pot (16 to 20" diameter and 12 to 15" deep) to give the plants plenty of root room to thrive. The plants will bloom their first growing season and get larger and fuller in the following years. Total of 6 Plants.
Each pre-planned garden includes premium plants, a planting and care guide, with a simple planting diagram. Hardy in zones 5-9. In zones 4-6, grow with special care (see special care notes for Zones 4-6 below).
The Hummingbird Container Pre-Planned Garden should be planted in a large pot and includes the following plants:
Container Garden Care:
- Use a premium quality potting mix (NOT garden soil) to fill the container.
- During the growing season, fertilize regularly with a fish emulsion based liquid fertilizer at least twice monthly (at recommended rates on the bottle).
- Deadhead the plants as the flowers fade to keep them tidy and blooming.
- In zones 4,5 and 6, provide winter protection by moving the pots into the garage before night temperatures drop into the low teens/single digits. In warmer zones 7-9, move the pot up against the east of north side of the house to protect the plants from excess sun.
- Indoors or outdoors, water moderately once or twice per month so the soil doesn't get bone dry.
- Leave the plants standing over the winter and clip them back hard in mid-spring before moving the pot outdoors for the next growing season.
Plants are subject to change due to availability. Any substitutions will feature plants with similar attributes suitable to the garden design. Not all plants will be in bloom at the same time, as may be depicted in the artist’s rendering.
|Item Package Size|
Garden of 6 Plants
Hummingbird Container Garden
5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Kudos™ Mandarin Agastache: 18" tallCompact Pineleaf Penstemon: 10" tallOrange Carpet® Creeping Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria): 4-6" tall
Kudos™ Mandarin Agastache: 16" wideCompact Pineleaf Penstemon: 12" wideOrange Carpet® Creeping Hummingbird Trumpet (Zauschneria): 15-18" wide
Late spring to early fall
Sandy Soil, Average Soil, Well-Drained Soil
Attract Hummingbirds, Native, Fragrant Flower / Foliage
High Country Gardens Exclusive, High Country Gardens Introduction
West, Western Only, Southwest, Pacific Northwest
Spring / Summer, Fall
|Ships To Canada|