This long-blooming perennial Container Garden for Full Sun has flowers of violet-blue, violet and brilliant purple. Salvia 'Ultra Violet' and Agastache 'Blue Boa' are upright growing while the Verbena cascades over the edges of the pot to provide a brilliant red "skirt" of nectar-rich flowers. This combination will be very attractive to hummingbirds and butterflies. Grow this container in full sun and plant it in large pot (16 to 20" diameter and 12 to 15" deep) to give the plants plenty of root room. The plants will bloom their first growing season and get larger and fuller in the following years. Total of 6 plants
Each pre-planned garden includes premium plants, a planting and care guide, with a simple planting diagram for an 18" pot. Hardy in zones 6 - 9. In zones 4-6, grow with special care (see special care notes for Zones 4-6 below).
The Pre-Planned Container Garden For Full Sun should be planted in a large pot and includes the following plants:
Container Garden Care:
- Use a premium quality potting mix (NOT garden soil) to fill the container.
- During the growing season, fertilize regularly with a fish emulsion based liquid fertilizer at least twice monthly (at recommended rates on the bottle).
- Deadhead the plants as the flowers fade to keep them tidy and blooming.
- In zones 4,5 and 6, provide winter protection by moving the pots into the garage before night temperatures drop into the low teens/single digits. In warmer zones 7-9, move the pot up against the east or north side of the house to protect the plants from excess sun.
- Indoors or outdoors, water moderately once or twice per month so the soil doesn't get bone dry.
- Leave the plants standing over the winter and clip them back hard in mid-spring before moving the pot outdoors for the next growing season.
Plants are subject to change due to availability. Any substitutions will feature plants with similar attributes suitable to the garden design. Not all plants will be in bloom at the same time, as may be depicted in the artist’s rendering.
|Item Package Size|
Garden of 6 Plants
Container Garden For Full Sun
6, 7, 8
Red, Blue, Purple
Late spring to early fall
Attract Hummingbirds, Native, Fragrant Flower / Foliage, Extended Bloom Time (more than 4 weeks)
High Country Gardens Exclusive, High Country Gardens Introduction
West, Southwest, Pacific Northwest
Spring / Summer, Fall
|Ships To Canada|